2020-2021 PDP Stipend Guide & Application
STEP 1: AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE STIPEND PROGRAM?
To apply for the Stipend Program, applicants must meet Criteria #1-4 AND at least one from #5:
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number or Tax ID Number
- Work at a licensed or license-exempt early childhood education program in Contra Costa County
- During the program year, you must be employed in licensed/license exempt early childhood education program in Contra Costa County for a minimum of 9 months of the program year.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week directly with a group of children 5 years or younger, but not in a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) classroom given funding restrictions.
- Be employed at a worksite that meets at least ONE of the following:
- It is a Quality Matters program
- It has enrolled children receiving a subsidy
- It has enrolled children with an IEP
- It has enrolled Infants (Birth to 17 months) and/or Toddlers (18 to 35 months)
- It is located in one of the following target zip codes:
94801, 94803, 94804
94518, 94519, 94520, 94521
STEP 2: WHAT ELSE IS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION?
To participate in and remain eligible for the Stipend Program, you must meet all of #1-5:
- Have an Early Care & Education Workforce Registry Account and Registry ID Number
An Early Care & Education Workforce Registry ID Number (Registry ID#) is required and necessary to register for and to attend trainings, professional events, and to apply for support programs. If you do not have a Registry ID, follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.caregistry.org and click “Register Now.”
- Once registered, you will receive an email with a link to activate your account.
- Click this link and log in. You must log in to activate your account and to get your Registry ID#.
- Keep your Registry ID number stored in your cell phone contacts for easy reference.
- Visit www.caregistry.org for Frequently Asked Questions and a tutorial on how to use the Registry. You may also contact Terrissa Hein, Education Liaison, Early Care & Education Programs, Contra Costa County Office of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925.942.3397.
- Have an Education or Professional Growth Plan, applicable to 2020-2021 program year, created / updated, on file with your PDP College Advisor, and submitted to First 5 Contra Costa. (See below for contact information.)
- Have a valid email account that you check frequently. Email is the primary method of communication for PDP. Should your email change, please inform your PDP College Advisor and Elida Treanor immediately.
- Complete all program component—College Coursework, Education Milestone, or Training—requirements including submitting all documents and meeting all deadlines (See section below).
- Remain employed for at least 9 months in licensed/license exempt early childhood education program(s) in Contra Costa County.
Contra Costa College
2600 Mission Bell Dr., A-217
San Pablo, CA 94806
Diablo Valley College
321 Golf Club Rd., ECS-202
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 (925) 969-2393
Los Medanos College
2700 E. Leland Rd., CSC-203
Pittsburg, CA 94565
Contra Costa County Office of Education
Terrissa Hein PDP Advisor
77 Santa Barbara Road
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523 (925) 942-3397
First 5 Contra Costa
ECE & PDP Program Assistant
1485 Civic Court, Suite 1200, 2nd Floor
Concord, CA 94520
- Online Applications accepted September 15, 2020 – January 15, 2021
- Enrollment in the Early Care & Education Workforce Registry by January 15, 2021
- Meet with PDP College Advisor to develop/update Education Plan and/or Professional Growth Plan by January 15, 2021
- Transcripts for coursework taken at an approved college outside of the Contra Costa Community College District due to PDP College Advisor by June 5, 2021
- College Coursework must be completed between July 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021
- Education Milestone must be achieved between July 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021
- Trainings must be selected from approved sources (see Guide p. 6) AND completed between July 1, 2020 – May 31, 2021
- Proof of completed trainings must be submitted or verifiable by June 1, 2021. All trainings listed on the Registry will be verified online. For trainings not listed in the Registry, First 5 Contra Costa requires digital or paper certificates as proof of completion. Email or Postal Mail copies of Completion Certificates to Elida Treanor at First 5 Contra Costa.
STEP 3: I’M ELIGIBLE! HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for the Stipend Program, you must complete and submit an application online, but first, please:
ACTION 1: Read the Stipend Program Guide so you can discuss your options with your PDP College Advisor and plan for calendar deadlines.
ACTION 2: Make contact with your PDP College Advisor to create/update an Education Plan and/or Professional Growth Plan by January 15, 2021.
ACTION 3: Submit the Supplemental Application documents (listed below), if applicable, directly to Elida Treanor at First 5 Contra Costa (see Guide p. 3).
❏ ALL Applicants are required to submit a paper (hard) copy:
❏ NEW Applicants are required to submit a hard copy:
- Transcript or diploma indicating any college degree(s) conferred
- Child Development Permit whether current or expired, or proof of Permit Application
❏ RETURNING Applicants – Did you have a change in degree or permit status since May 2020?
- If yes, submit a copy of the new degree or permit.
- If no, no documentation is required. It is not necessary to submit these documents again.
ACTION 4: Complete and submit the online Application through the link below between September 15, 2020-January 15, 2021. Once submitted, a copy of your Application automatically will be emailed to you. Keep this for your records.
STEP 4: I AM READY TO APPLY!
- The 2020-2021 PDP Stipend Application will take approximately 10 minutes to fill out. Please provide an answer for every question even if not marked required.
- Gather the Supplemental Application Documents (see ACTION 3, above) and send them by US Postal Mail to Elida Treanor.